Linda Carey-Sales & Marketing Specialist
Linda Carey is a digital content creator, marketer, business development consultant, entrepreneur and home furnishings veteran. She sees the industry with an “inside-out” perspective. Her expertise in the digital arena is unique due to her practical business acumen acquired in the trenches with home furnishings suppliers, key accounts, personnel, business operations, sales and marketing. Unlike many generic online marketers, she has sold, marketed, led an organization, managed supplier relationships, recruited and trained account specialists and acquired, operated and sold a high impact sales agency based in San Francisco, CA. The company was sold, after which Linda engaged in consulting to suppliers, retailers and interior designers.
A strategist who is passionate about helping home furnishings businesses capitalize on the convergence of “offline with online” strategic marketing, Linda’s communication has an ability to cut to the chase and present complex matters in clear, understandable form, she is especially well suited to guide you through this complex maze with clarity.
Linda Carey With Beloved Tibetans
Prior to operating and selling Ruddell and Associates to OneCoast, LLC, Linda assisted top level Silicon Valley CEOs and Senior Managers within healthcare and high technology corporations.
Industry Associations relevant to the Home Furnishings Industry
Women In The Home Furnishings Industry Today
Regional Vice President, Northern California
Sustainable Furnishings Council
Certified Green Leader
National Association of Sales Associates-Home & Gift
Co-President 2 years
Decorative Home Network
Advisory Boards (Product Development)
Riddle Home & Gift
Accomplishments at Ruddell and Associates:
Linda’s other accomplishments attest to her extensive sales and marketing acumen and ability to coach your team for maximum effectiveness. Among the many pages listing her achievements, Linda:
- Generated strategic relationships with ”Top 10 Percentile” GHDA (Giftware and Home Decorative Accessory) suppliers ranked nationally and regionally by retailers.
- Directed, Managed and Participated in Key Account Sales – Gottschalk’s, Smith and Hawken, Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Sharper Image, Orchard Supply, Nature Company, Whole Foods and Mervyn’s.
- Conceptualized and designed first “in-house” training system for Ruddell and Associates, reducing training time per new hire by 50%.
- Conducted “train the trainer” programs with select suppliers on product knowledge.
- Collaborated in crafting a B2B strategy with ForRetail.com and was instrumental in securing exclusive partnerships with national top sales agencies. (ForRetail is now part of Where-o-Where).
- Selected to serve on three proprietary supplier “product advisory” teams.
- Won countless “Top in the Nation” sales awards by industry leading companies like Blythe Industries, Inc. (Colonial Candle of Cape Cod, Midwest of Cannon Falls), Trade Associates Group, Ltd. (tag), Demdaco, and others. Ranked in the top 10% of the nation with Bailey Street, Castilian, Toyo and Ariel of France.
Margaret Hampton-Digital Specialist
From 30 years in cities – New York, DC and Atlanta – directing strategic, marketing, financial and operational planning, Margaret has demonstrated her ability to assimilate and integrate myriad factors into creative solutions as a visionary leader and team-player. Her keen insight into business strategy, market positioning and profitability are focusing here on opportunities for YOU!
- Major University Hall of Fame inclusion,
- Alcoa Foundation Fellowship in graduate school,
- Labeled as “the best female officer in our entire worldwide operation” by the Vice-Chairman of the (then) tenth largest bank in the world,
- One of the Top 10 Professional Women in Atlanta (first year published),
- Honorary Key To The City presented by the Mayor of Chattanooga, and
- Multi-year listings in 13 Who’s Who publications (different titles).
Now she wants YOU to be – and remain – a notable “Who’s Who” for your industry niche among your retail outlets, distributors and consumers… Margaret recognizes that the decision to be intelligently active online is NOT an option for businesses today, but vital for their very survival! Online methods are also far more measurable than traditional marketing and advertising, and generally less costly to begin with… so you can tweak your strategies and KNOW when something is working for you. It’s an investment you MUST make in today’s world!
As Tad Clarke, Editorial Director of Marketing Sherpa succinctly put it just with regard to search engine optimization (SEO – the starting point for websites):
“SEO isn’t easy. However, in an advertising world where very few things can be counted on, SEO is a reassuringly safe investment.”